A to Z Driving School has been authorized by the Department of Public Safety as a third-party skills testing (TPST) driving school. We can administer the official ROAD TEST – DRIVING TEST to anyone who has met the state requirements and is ready to get their Texas driver's license! You may take the driving test with us even if you failed with DPS.
TEEN (16-17) REQUIREMENTS
- A valid Texas Learner's License (Permit)
- A valid DE-964 certificate (or parent-taught equivalent) showing completion of a FULL Driver Education Course (32 classroom hours – 14 laboratory hours - 30 practice hours)
- VOE (Verification of Enrollment) or High School Diploma
- Certificate of completion from the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITTD) video, dated within 90 days of the road test
- Social Security Card
- $16 License processing fee (paid at DPS office)
- 2 bills showing proof of residence
*** If you are 18 years old, but completed the teenager program, you need to follow the above requirements.
ADULT (25+) REQUIREMENTS
- A valid Texas Learner License/B-restricted Driver's License
- Certificate of completion from the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) video, dated within 90 days of the road test
Road Test in Your Vehicle Requirements
- Must show proof of liability insurance.
- Vehicle Must be registered in Texas with both license plates attached to vehicle
- Car must be street legal with everything functioning properly. (current inspection, brake lights, turn signals and horn must work.)
Road Test Pricing
- Same Day & Next Day Testing
- Authorized (Third Party Skills Test)
- $50 for Teens (with your vehicle)
- $75 for Adults ( with your vehicle)
- $25 car rental fee to test using A to Z Driving School Vehicle